Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blogging

Well at first I was a little apprehensive about blogging. I associated it with myspace and facebook and other online communities, which I do not really have much interest in anymore. There was a time when I was younger that I belonged to some online communities, but I felt that I my tastes changed and I just outgrew it.

Let me just say that this class has definitely changed my perspective on blogging. I now see that it can be used for other things besides frivolous chit chat. I have learned a lot from others in this class through our blogs. I also felt the blogs helped me with my webquest. I love that fact that I can share my ideas and educational websites with you all as well. Because of these blogging assignments, I am a much more comfortable blogger now. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have had my eyes opened to the many uses of blogs in education. I had previously thought that blogs were more of a social networking phenomenon, a la facebook or myspace. Now I realize that a blog is a place where people who share a common profession (or really any common interest) can collaborate and help one another grow in that field. Many students learn most effectively from one another, and blogs are an excellent way for these students to interact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have started to see the wonder of blogging. In a way, it does mirror real life. There are days when a person has a lot to say and there are days he or she is silent. Similarly, there are days one can blog and blog and blog and days one does not even log in.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dr. Luongo totally. Blogging does mirror real life. Sometimes people just need to be silent from speaking and sometimes a person might want to share his or her thoughts, concerns, or experiences with others. This gives a person the opportunity to look back and reflect as life would sometimes have us to do at times.

    ReplyDelete