Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kidspiration

The school where I work has Kidspiration and Inspiration on the student and teacher computers and until now I have never actually sat down and viewed either one. Since I am a first grade teacher I chose to evaluate Kidspiration and I have to say that I love it! There are so many useful tools to use in this software that can really get the students motivated and learning. There are various math activities that can really help the student visualize certain concepts. I think the writing activities available are a real change of pace to the ordinary pencil and paper tools. There are also different science and social studies lessons that can take the students a step further in the curriculum. One of the things I really love about Kidspiration is the audio, which is great for preliterate students. I wish I had a data projector or more computers in the classroom in order to have whole group lessons using Kidspiration, but I am definitely going to start to use this program as best I can in the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    If you can, gather your students around a computer and use it as a prewriting tool. It is a wonderful tool.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did that yesterday! I had the students gather around a computer to review math concepts that they were a little unsure about. I think it really helped them. I will definitely be using Kidspiration more and will try it as a prewriting tool.
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    We are happy to know that you are enjoying your experience with Kidspiration!

    If you are looking for new Kidspiration ideas, lesson plans or examples, please do not hesitate to contact us, or visit our website.

    You may be interested to know that we have several Kidspiration webcasts that are archived and available for viewing at: http://www.inspiration.com/Educators/Events#Webcasts.

    Thank you again!
    Molly O'Hara
    Inspiration Software

    ReplyDelete