Sunday, February 1, 2009

NETS & NJCCCS

NETS:
I definitely think it’s necessary to teach students, at an early age, about basic skills on the computer and provide them with awareness about the internet and its uses. Of course as students get older, their needs of technology increase, therefore they would benefit from learning more in depth skills and tools for presenting projects and such. I believe it’s a necessity to learn the basic skills, social aspects, and technology’s role in research and information access because technology is such a prominent issue in the world, and it will only get larger and more advanced. Because students are learning technology in schools it is wise to have the NETS. I actually was not aware of these standards, but in reading them, it makes sense to have. In order to provide beneficial education in technology, a teacher needs to know what a student should understand by certain grade levels. The NETS, of course, provides this framework. I also like the fact that the NETS address the nature and impact of technology because it provides the students with an understanding of the benefits and trade-offs of technology.


NJCCCS:
As I stated about the NETS, I think the New Jersey standards also provide a framework for teachers to know what the student should be familiar with and knowledgeable about in each subject area. I feel that the New Jersey standards comprise in detail what students should know at the end of each grade level. This is a tremendous benefit to me because I can look at them throughout the school year and be sure that I am covering or have dealt with certain areas with my students. At my school we need to provide the standards that we are encompassing in our plan books. We are also required to display the standards on our bulletin boards next to the students’ work.

No comments:

Post a Comment