Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Website to check out!

Just thought that I would share this site, it's especially good for primary grades. There are so many things for teachers and for students on this website and it's free.

http://www.primarygames.com/

If you click on a subject area at the top of the page and then the curriculum guide on the bottom of the page there are activities the students in your grade level can participate in. This is a good way to incorporate technology in the classroom and maybe it could be used as a reward for the students...some free computer time. Hey it's a reward for the teacher as well ;-) students are staying on task academically while having fun!

Explore the website further, there are many resources for teachers to use.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! What a great site. As a teacher I could not keep up with the social studies game,but I am sure my students, who love video games will have no problem.I think it is a very good site .
    As I have commented before, the best part about this career is that so many wonderful teachers share the sites they find and share their resources. What a great site to share with students. they can even play the educational games at home. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that this was a great site. It had a wealth of games. It would surely keep the kids engaged. One thing that I didn't like though was that there was a lot of advertising on the pages and I thought that this could be a distraction for kids and even confusing for smaller children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your posting.

    These sites will help us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sites you posted are great, I had no idea all of these resources were out there, I am booking marking all sites that are passed on by everyone so I can reference in the future.

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete