Monday, February 9, 2009

WebQuests

I was a little overwhelmed by it all when I was reading all of the articles about webquests. After viewing the videos about webquests, I must say that I have a little more direction now. It does seem like it takes great time to create one, but once it is done, you have it for years to come to use with your future classes. And whose lesson plans didn’t feel like it took them forever their first year doing them? Now you have them and can just modify when needed. Well, it seems the same for the webquest. I like the fact that webquests involve technology, research, cooperative groups, and various multiple intelligences based on the final project completed. It involves many facets all rolled into one. I really think that a webquest is what you put into it. You can make it plain and simple, without involving higher order thinking skills or much student participation in their cooperative groups. But then what is the point of creating one? On the other hand, you can take your time and put some effort into making a fun and informative webquest that requires higher order thinking skills on the students’ part.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    You are correct. My undergraduates are feeling ths same about lesson planning. They are overwhelmed. I always say--wait until you teach 5-8 lesson a *DAY*!

    Good luck and let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    Thanks for posting this. I felt the same way when I first looked at this modules assignment. I had heard of webquests but fitting in creating one with all the components that have to be included into it seemed like it was going to be very overwhelming. I think that Dr. Luongo's videos helped as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small steps...

    Just think about the knowledge you will have of this piece of technology when you finish. =)

    ReplyDelete